Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Free Ebook: The Universe has a Helpline and You’re On Hold

Download Your Free Ebook: "The Universe has a Helpline and You’re On Hold"
By Brett Tipton

Get Your Free Ebook Here! ---> https://freeditorial.com/en/books/the-universe-has-a-helpline-and-you-re-on-hold#

SYNOPSIS
Peggy peers across the piano black lacquered desk. “So, why do you think we should hire you as head scriptwriter for Right Now Television?” “Well, I've written three New York Times Best Sellers and I've won the Pulitzer Prize.” “Okay, what are those for?” “Books.” “You do know people no longer read books?” “Of course I know. That's why I'm here.” “I see on your resume you studied history.” “I have a Ph.D. in History from Harvard.” “Well, history's not going to get you far here.” “I know. I know.” “Hey, now this is interesting.” Peggy shows Julie a picture on her tablet of a wild party. Julie is holding a bottle and has a lampshade on her head. “Could you tell me a little more about this?” “Oh, I knew I shouldn't have made that Spacebook post. Look, it was just one wild party my junior year.” “Our background check says you were arrested for public nudity.” “Oh, no! Look, I was drunk. These frat boys dared me to streak across the soccer field. It was only one party.” “Public nudity. Now, that's the kind of thing that makes for good television.” “What?” “And drunken stupidity. That will sell great to TTN.” “The Teaching Network?” “Where did you get this lampshade?” “I think I bought it at a pawn shop in Cleveland.” “Oh! Now, see, this is the stuff of great television.” “Wait? You're not interested in my Ph.D. from Harvard or my Pulitzer Prize?” “Did you meet anyone interesting in prison?” “Well, it wasn't prison, um, . . . oh yeah. They had me locked down right between a serial killer and a crack head.”