Saturday, March 30, 2019
HERE ARE THE 2019 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
1. You must be a current Writers Group member to submit work for possible publication in the 2019 Anthology. You must also be a current Writers Group member at time of publication for your work to be included in the anthology. Editors may make exceptions at their discretion.
2. Members may submit up to two pieces of their final edited work for consideration. A separate submission form must be completed for each work. Deadline for all submissions is May 31st, 2019. Work shall be submitted in microsoft word or rich text file (Electronic submissions only; hard copy submissions will not be accepted.)
3. Members must pay ten dollars ($10.00) for each submission, with payment due no later than May 31st, 2019. Members are not guaranteed inclusion in the anthology. The Editors of the anthology have the final say. If a submission is not accepted for publication, the submission fee for that work will be returned. Work will be not be accepted if it is too long or there are too many errors.
4. The Writers Group Anthology is not a genre-specific anthology; we are looking for great stories. Therefore, most genres are considered including Speculative Fiction, Western, Young Adult, Young Adult Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Crime, and impossible-to-classify works that blend elements from multiple categories.
* Micro-Fiction: Micro Fiction up to 100 words.
* Short Stories: Short Stories up to 7,500 words.
* Fiction: Fiction up to 9,000 words.
* Poetry & Prose: Poems up to 100 lines.
* Flash Fiction: Flash Fiction up to 1,000.
* Vignette: Vignette up to 1,000 words.
* Creative Non-Fiction: Creative Non-Fiction up to 9,000.
5. The Writers Group Anthology is not accepting the following submissions in FanFic, Erotica, or Violence because we’d like to reach the widest audience possible. The anthology will be geared toward the adult and young adult.
6. Previously Published Work: The goal of The Writers Group is to publish great writing & poetry the world has never seen from writers and poets. We also consider a work previously published if it has appeared in a high-school or college anthology, or in the published results of a writing contest, etc. We consider works that can be easily found through an internet search to be previously published, including stories and novels published to your own blog. Work must not be something that is being considered by another publisher. By submitting your work, you warrant that you have retained a copy. TWG will not be responsible for keeping any copies of work submitted.
7. Author's Release Form(s), with an original signature, must accompany payment for submission(s). Author must sign a release form that acknowledges: By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your entry: (a) is your original creation; (b) has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (c) has not previously been published; (d) does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity right, or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity; (e) is not defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise illegal; and, (f) is your sole and exclusive property. You further represent and warrant that you have complete, worldwide distribution rights. Author understands that he/she retains the rights to his/her work, but any royalties and/or profits from the sale of the anthology go to the The Writers Group.
8. Email your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. Include "ANTHOLOGY 2019 SUBMISSION" in the subject line of the email.
9. Make your check or money order payable to The Writers Group. In the memo line write: 2019 Anthology Submission. Submit your submission form and check or money order by midnight 05/31/19 to Kora Sadler, or mail it to:
THE WRITERS GROUP ORGANIZATION
ATTN: KORA SADLER
P.O. BOX 2839
AKRON, OHIO 44309
Posted by The Writers Group at 8:57 PM
Friday, March 22, 2019
Writers Group Annual Mix & Mingle w/ Special Guest Literary Agent Hope Bolinger
Hosted by Kora S.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
125 Montrose West Ave
Come out and join The Writers Group for our annual social networking event with Special Guest Literary Agent Hope Bolinger, local Authors, Artists, Art Lovers, Writers, Publishers, and Business Professionals to mingle and connect. Don't forget to bring your business cards, sample art pieces, a few copies of your book, or promotional stuff to giveaway. This event is "FREE" to attend, food and drinks are at your own cost.
About Hope Bolinger
Hope Bolinger is a literary agent at CYLE Young Literary Elite and a professional writing graduate of Taylor University. More than 300 of her works have been featured in various publications ranging from Writer’s Digest articles to a WWII Veteran’s memoir (Taylor University Press, 2017).
While she was still in college, she got a book deal for Blaze, which comes out this June (Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas) and is up for preorder in March. When she’s not writing or going crazy or setting her characters on fire, she participates in local theater and hangs out with her fat cat Twix.
Also Featuring: The Robert Frost Cocktail & The Earnest Hemingway Mojito.
*** FREE RAFFLE - (10 PRIZES) - $10.00 GIFT CARDS. ***
(Must be in attendance to receive prize)
This event is open to all members in other writer groups. Please share this event.
Posted by The Writers Group at 12:49 PM