ATTENTION WRITERS GROUP MEMBERS!
READY TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE WRITERS GROUP 2018 ANTHOLOGY?
1. You must be a current Writers Group member to submit work for possible publication in the 2018 anthology. You must also be a current Writers Group member at time of publication for your work to be included in the anthology. Editors may make exceptions at their discretion.
2. Members may submit up to two pieces of work for consideration. A separate submission form must be completed for each work. Deadline for all submissions is April 30th, 2018. Work shall be submitted in microsoft word or rich text file (Electronic submissions only; hard copy submissions will not be accepted.)
3. Members must pay ten dollars ($10.00) for each submission, with payment due no later than April 30th, 2018. Members are not guaranteed inclusion in the anthology. The Editors of the anthology have the final say about acceptance and may reject any submission for any reason. If a submission is not accepted for publication, the submission fee for that work will be returned. Work will be not be accepted if it is too long or there are too many errors.
4. The Writers Group Anthology is not a genre-specific anthology; we are looking for great stories. Therefore, most genres are considered, including Speculative Fiction, Western, Young Adult, Young Adult Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Crime, and impossible-to-classify works that blend elements from multiple categories.
Short Stories: Short Stories up to 12,000 words will be considered.
Fiction: Fiction up to 12,000 words will be considered.
Poetry & Prose: Poems from 3 to 100 lines will be considered.
Flash Fiction: The ideal length for Flash Fiction submissions is about 500 to 750 words, but pieces up to 1500 words may be submitted in this category.
Vignette: The ideal length for Vignette submissions is about 500 to 1000 words, but pieces up to 2000 words may be submitted in this category.
Creative Non-Fiction: Creative Non-Fiction up to 9,000 words will be considered.
5. The Writers Group Anthology is not accepting the following submissions because we’d like to reach the widest audience possible. The 2018 anthology will be geared toward the adult and young adult.
FanFic: There are so many competing copyright issues we do not have the resources to validate rights, and it is therefore our policy to decline all work which makes use of another creator’s universe or characters, including fictionalized scenarios featuring public personalities.
Erotica: This anthology does not accept pure erotica, explicitly sexual content, or works where sex acts are the primary focus of the piece. If it’s incidental to a great story we’d be willing to consider your work.
Violence: Gratuitous descriptions of injury, abuse, or attack are discouraged. Conflict is integral to a good story, and may include fighting or death, but we do not seek gory blow-by-blow itemizations of violence in progress. We also avoid stories of rape, both explicit and implied, whether the characters understand it as rape or not.
Previously Published Work: The goal of The Writers Group is to publish great writing & poetry the world has never seen from both established and up-and-coming writers and poets. We also consider a work previously published if it has appeared in a high-school or college anthology, or in the published results of a writing contest, etc.
We consider works that can be easily found through an internet search to be previously published, including stories and novels published to your own blog. Work must not be something that is being considered by another publisher. By submitting your work, you warrant that you have retained a copy. TWG will not be responsible for keeping any copies of work submitted.
6. Word Count: Indicate the word count of the piece after your name. We use the free online word count tool at ( http://www.scribendi.com ) We use this tool because it does not require any specific software, and does not submit or store your text to any server.
7. Author must sign a release form that acknowledges: By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your entry: (a) is your original creation; (b) has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (c) has not previously been published; (d) does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, privacy or publicity right, or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity; (e) is not defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise illegal; and, (f) is your sole and exclusive property. You further represent and warrant that you have complete, worldwide distribution rights. Author understands that he/she retains the rights to his/her work, but any royalties and/or profits from the sale of the anthology go to the The Writers Group.
8. Email your work to: email@example.com as an attachment. Include "ANTHOLOGY 2018 SUBMISSION" in the subject line of the email.
9. Include a short biography of yourself (no longer than 150 words) with the work submitted. This biography may be edited by the anthology editor. It is the editor’s intention to include the short biographies at the end of the published anthology. Include any titles you want with your name. For example, John Smith, MD.
10. Make your check or money order payable to The Writers Group. In the memo line write: 2018 Anthology Submission. Submit your check to Kora Sadler, or mail it to:
THE WRITERS GROUP ORGANIZATION
ATTN: KORA SADLER
PO BOX 2839
AKRON, OHIO 44309
13. Author's Release Form(s), with an original signature, must accompany payment for submission(s). A signed Release Form is required for EACH submission. Payment must be submitted no later than April 30th, 2018. Each contributing author will receive a personal copy of the anthology. WWW.MEETUP.COM/THEWRITERSGROUP